Who we are
We are a luxury golf shoe and lifestyle accessories company, designed in Britain and handmade in Italy & Portugal. Our collections have been featured in Wall Street Journal, GQ, Esquire and we have a loyal customer following across the United States, Europe & Asia.
The team is small but the brand is growing at an exciting pace and we’re looking for a great and motivated individual to jump on board to support our Head Designer in producing our footwear and accessories ranges.
You will be joining a small team, hugely enthusiastic about the products and the potential. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work with an exciting young company with big ambitions & huge growth potential.
What it’s like to be a part of our team
We are a small company so there’s no corporate nonsense or old-fashioned micro-management. Instead, we are looking for someone who likes the freedom of working independently, takes initiative, and brings with them lots of ideas.
- To support the Head Designer to bring to market the footwear & accessories collections, annually.
- Have a keen technical eye on how footwear is designed / developed, & the ability to produce technical design packs and implement direct sourcing, from initial trend research through to confirmed samples and on to production samples.
Duties And Responsibilities
- To support the Head Designer working as key liaison for product development, material development, sample tracking & fitting.
- Produce detailed design specification packs to be sent to suppliers which includes detailed rendering in AI.
- Develop an awareness of brand competition providing updates as required.
- Some travel is expected to factories & trade shows within Europe.
- To take responsibility for samples, liaising with the supplier to create prototypes and production gold seals within specific deadlines.
- Attend product meetings from first prototype to shipment samples to ensure styles reflect expectations, in quality, construction, fit and style.
- Work with Head Designer to document sample fitting and correction on design and constructions.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties identified by the Head Designer.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Illustrator & Photoshop
- Degree level qualification in a related design field
- High level of technical understanding in footwear
- Has a keen interest in past and future sports footwear trends, including evolving footwear technologies
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to upward manage a creative boss
- Ability to see a product from design to delivery, following it through the different stages of the critical path.
- Ability to be a team player
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, short covering letter and portfolio to email@example.com with FOOTWEAR DESIGNER in the subject line.
Please note: Applications without the above criteria will be immediately discarded.