Who we are
We are a luxury golf shoe and lifestyle accessories company, designed in Britain and handmade in Italy & Portugal. Our collections have been featured in Wall Street Journal, GQ, Esquire and we have a loyal customer following across the United States, Europe & Asia.
The team is small but the brand is growing at an exciting pace and we’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to jump on board to help streamline business operations.
You will be joining a small team, hugely enthusiastic about the products and the potential. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work with an exciting young company with big ambitions & huge growth potential - Be part of our journey.
What it’s like to be a part of our team
We are a small company so there’s no corporate nonsense or old-fashioned micro-management. Instead, we are looking for someone who likes the freedom of working independently, takes initiative, and brings with them lots of ideas. You will be supported by our management team but we are looking for someone to get stuck in and get it done.
A bit about the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, agile, diligent and highly organised Operations Manager to help grow our business and improve our operational capabilities. You will work closely with the Managing Director across all facets of the business and will be able to take ownership of projects and feed into high level decision making.
We are a dynamic business responding to different challenges all the time however general duties of the role will include:
- Managing the basic day-to-day operations of the company
- Work with eCommerce team to implement website improvements and functionality updates.
- Work with marketing team to deliver effective marketing campaigns and events.
- Develop reports to reflect ecommerce activity, summarising and providing analysis as well as insight into trends.
- Improve internal reporting across the business to enable data lead decision making
- Constantly review carrier and shipping rates to ensure this is streamlined and cost effective.
- Assisting product development team with general requirements to ensure new collections are launched effectively and timely.
- Responsibility for entire production workflow ensuring the right amount of stock is ordered, production runs smoothly & quality control is in place.
- Supporting inventory and stock management systems so they are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner.
- Oversight of 3PL order fulfilment processing and customer service.
Skills & Experience
A bit about you
You’ll have graduated with a 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a qualitative subject (ideally STEM) and ideally have 1-2 years' experience in an operations or business role. You'll need to have:
- An entrepreneurial Mindset - We’re ambitious about our growth, so you need to thrive in an environment of change, chaos and uncertainty.
- High levels of energy and a hard-working profile
- In-depth knowledge of Excel including advanced functions, macros and pivot tables
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make data-led decisions
- A strong interest in golf is a massive plus but not essential
- £25,000 per annum with performance related discretionary bonus
- 25 Days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off work
- Flexible working environment with remote working possible and hours to be agreed
- Fast tracked progression opportunities within the company
- Free pair of shoes each year + 50% discount off product
- Some international travel likely – USA & Europe
How to apply & impress us.
Our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person for this position.
Please email CV & covering letter to Byron@albartross.com